Saturday, June 5, 2010

I am a champion!

30 May 2010     6:45am     on the train...

I’m pretty sure we’re in the Himalayas now, or at least very close to them, because I woke up to snow outside the window.  It’s getting pretty chilly in the train, much of which I believe is due to the fact that the A/C is still on.  One of my compartment-mates started laughing at me because I was pulling my skirt down to cover the lower part of my legs – I had hiked it up yesterday to keep it from getting contaminated in the bathroom.

    Speaking of the bathroom, I had the greatest experience yesterday.  As I learned from my first try, it is really hard to flush poop down in these toilets when it’s stuck to the sides.  I flushed 3 times and it still wouldn’t go down!  I vowed to myself that the next time I pooped, I would do my best to poop directly in the hole.

    A little while later, after our next meal, I had to poop again.  Armed with a roll of toilet paper, I went to the toilet, hiked up my skirt, and scooted back further than the last time to squat.  “Fire in the hole!” I wanted to say.  I let loose, and *plop*!  Right there in the hole!  I was so amazed, I squealed a little bit.  I expected the Rocky theme to play, or maybe ‘We Are the Champions’.  This was a huge accomplishment.  I know guys aim to pee, but they’ve got something to control.  Pooping is a whole other game.  I felt awesome.  All of my apprehensions about squatting to go to the bathroom went right out the window.  I pooped right in the hole, I could do anything!

    We also found a single western toilet last night in the next car up from Dee and Keesler’s car.  Oh, sweet luxury.

Observation: Chinese men have very girly toiletry bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment